11.09.2012

Week Six

Hey guys,

So this week was week six of my work experience programme and i'm over half way finished working at my first placement, the montessori. So here's what I got up to..

My day started off at 9:00am and I got straight to work helping to set up. This week I was put into a new classroom with a new supervisor. This classroom was full of  a lot more screaming children than the last! The first thing I was put to work on was helping the children draw Christmas pictures for a card that's made every year by the montessori. All the proceeds are given to charity so it's a great idea and the children love seeing their drawings on the finished product! After all the pictures were drawn the children had playtime where they explored the room for toys and drew up their own pictures for their mommys and daddys.

We then went outside onto the playground to let the children scream and run around and have a bit of fun. After that it was lunch time and when everybody had eaten up all of their snacks and sung along to some songs it was time to finish up and go home.

I returned at 2:30pm for the afterschool classes and began by bringing the children out onto the playground. We then went inside and drew our own staff pictures for the Christmas card. After that I went upstairs to help out as the children played with a crazy goo mixture (made of green water and cornflour) and made a big mess for me to help clean up afterward. At 5:00pm when the mess was cleared it was time to finish up and head home for the day.

Till next week,
Ciara


No comments:

Post a Comment