11.30.2012

Week Nine

Hey guys,

Nearly finished my first work experience placement in the Montessori and all in time for the holidays, Here's what I got up to on my second- last day of work experience..

Day nine of work experience began at 9:30am when the children began to arrive. During morning montessori I helped the children put away their bags and coats, and get settled into class. Throughout the day I helped them with jigsaw puzzles, colouring and arts & crafts. I then helped to supervise them as they played outside in the playground and ate their lunch. As the children began to leave, I cleaned the tables and swept the floor before I left for my lunch break at 12:30pm.

I returned at 2:30pm for afterschool creche. Firstly, I cleaned up after the children's meal and set up the upstairs classroom for later. I then went outside for an hour and helped supervise the children as they played. When the children came in they split up and I was put into one of the classrooms. Here, I helped as they baked scones, played with toys, drew pictures, and played with playdough. I was then free to go home at 4:45pm!

Till next week,
Ciara



No comments:

Post a Comment