10.25.2012

Week Five

Hi Guys,

It's week five, and this is what I got up to.....


On day five of my work experience I started off with something a little different. Today a staff meeting was held for the first 45 minutes of the day. During this time only the smaller children (aged 2-3) came in at 9:30am while montessori classes stayed home for the duration of the meeting. I, along with fellow work experience students helped to look after the younger children for the first 45 minutes along with two new supervisors until the montessori children arrived. It was very different, but I loved it!

When the montessori classes began I helped my usual supervisor by cutting up some crepe paper for our halloween artswork. I was then given the responsibility of calling each child one by one to make halloween-special spiders which was very enjoyable. Throughout the morning I was involved in the daily routine of casually sweeping the floor when needed and cleaning up equipment. I was also given the responsibility of melting chocolate and getting supplies ready for the cupcakes and the mess the children later made!

After lunch I arrived again at 2:05pm, 25 minutes early. I helped my morning supervisor with her afternoon montessori class as they played with toys and carried out the same activities as the morning class. When they went home, at around 4:15, I moved on to the afterschool group where I watched them paint and chatted to them about their halloween costumes (they were very enthusiastic about that). I finished off the day at 4:35pm and headed home!

Till next week,
Ciara


 

No comments:

Post a Comment