11.23.2012

Week Eight

Hi guys,

Back again to update you on my eighth week in work experience! This is what I got up to..

I started day eight of my work experience at 9:00am in the montessori. I helped my supervisor to set up the classroom by sorting furniture and cutting strips of paper for the children to make shapes with. When the children arrived I chatted to them while they played with the toys and I helped them to draw pictures of robots and trees. They then switched supervisors and I did the same with the second group.

Afterwards, the children tidied their toys and ate their lunch. I helped them if they needed me to open a lunch box or yoghurt. After lunch I swept the floors and cleaned the tables. I then went out to the playground and helped to supervise the children while they played. The children then came inside and listened to a montessori CD until their parents came to collect them.

I returned at 2:30pm for the after school classes. This began by going outside to the playground with the children to play. After a little over an hour outside we came in to begin baking a lemon cake. The children loved this and I was involved in tidy up and supervision. I then went inside to another supervisor and played with the children as they made new artwork. I left the montessori and left for home at 5:00pm.

Till next week,
Ciara


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment