11.14.2012

Week Seven

Hi guys,

Today was my seventh day of work experience at the montessori and my day started off bright and early at 9:00am.

This week I was with another new supervisor and a new class of younger children. My morning consisted of interacting with the children; doing jig-saw puzzles and helping them when they needed me, for example to zip up their jacket or open a lunch box. I also helped supervise as the children painted and played with the class toys. After lunch we brought the children outside run about in the playground until it was time to celebrate one of the children's birthdays with a lovely Sponge Bob cake. Although not everybody ate all their cake slice, and some ate theirs in record timing, it was great to see how the class celebrated when it was someone's birthday.Before going home the children got into a semi circle, sang songs and practised their shapes.

I returned to the montessori at the usual time of 2:30pm and got straight to work supervising the afterschool children as they played in the playground. Afterwards we went inside and the children baked some blueberry muffins. The class then began designing their posters for a colouring competition and I was free to go home at 5:00pm.

Till next week,
Ciara
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment