10.12.2012

Week Three

Hi guys,

Back again after my third day of work experience at the local montessori. This week was tiring but that being said I still thoroughly enjoyed my time at the work place. I began my day helping to dry the outside playground and by setting up the classroom for the incoming montessori classes.

We began class by starting the children on painting and picture making. I was given alot more responsibility this week as I became more familliar with the work place and staff. My role was to supervise the children that were painting and to help them paint. We then went on to set up the class room for playdough (they love this). After playing with the playdough for a good half an hour, we then got everybody into their coats and out of the classroom into the playground.

I helped supervise the children here while they ran around playing with the slides and sand pit until it was time to go in for lunch. After lunch we all participated in the daily 'circle time' and this week I was involved in a little bit of CD work with the children. They all really enjoyed it and it was a great way to wrap things up on my third day of work experience.

After my generous two hour work break, I returned for afterschool montessori. Here, I helped wipe down some shelves and continued to help supervise the children. I then went home after a long day of work, already looking forward to week four.

Till next week,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment