10.04.2012

Week Two

Hi Guys,

So this week I got up to loads of stuff during my day of work experience, and , despite the fact that I have to wake up at the painfully early hour of 8 o' clock, it's all made up for with the 2 hour break I get.(so no complaining here!)

Starting early Wednesday morning, I got to work setting up the class room for the incoming montessori children. This involved laying out the painting utensils, and the playdough area. The children seemed to have a great time painting out an Autumn tree that will soon be stocked with all the different leaves they've collected themselves. After all of these activities, we took the children outside for a play in the garden (which they looooved) and gave them time for their lunch afterwards.

To round up the morning we then participated in what is known to the children as 'circle time' where they each got a chance to complete a small challenge. It's a really cool idea and gets their brains working in preparation for primary school. After everyone left at 12:30pm, I too went home for lunch before returning for the second round of afterschool children at 2:30pm. During this time I supervised the older kids as they completed their homework and began colouring for a class competition.

My day came to an end at 4:30pm, and although at times it seems tiring, I thoroughly enjoyed working at the Montessori and feel as though i'm constantly learning more and more about the world of work. Can't wait to return next week!

Till next time,
Ciara


No comments:

Post a Comment