2.07.2013

Week Five

Hey guys,

This week comes as my last week of work experience before my 1 week long midterm holiday. Here's what I got up to..


 I arrived 10 minutes early at a time of 8:50 am this Wednesday morning and got to work unloading dirty towels and restocking the reception area with new towels. I then restocked the gym with new towels and lit candles in the anticipation room and different treatment rooms clients would be using later in the day.

Afterward I checked the changing rooms for old towels and put them in the storage room to be washed. I then hoovered and mopped the reception area and folded more towels for clients to use throughout the morning. At 1:00 pm I sat in the kitchen and ate my lunch with two other members of staff. I am given 1 hour for my lunch time but as I usually do not use it all I get back to work at about 1:30 pm each day.
Today was no different and after lunch I was put on reception duty as I had been throughout the day for shorter periods of time than last week.

 I came across a problem whereby all of my supervisors were either gone or on treatments when a woman was looking to pay for the treatment she'd received earlier that day via laser card. I was unable to to assist her and sought help from one of the salon workers. 

She kindly called my supervisor and upon failing to reach anything but an answering machine left a message to explain the situation. In the end the client left me her name, address and number and later paid over the phone. Problem averted! 

 Later that day I assisted another one of my supervisors in filling up oil bottles and setting up rooms for treatments. I also blew out the candles from that morning and replaced old ones with new as there would be no more clients for the rest of the day. I also restocked the reception area and fridges with tea, sugar, and water. I was free to go home at 3:00 pm.

Till next week,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment