2.27.2013

Week Seven

Hey guys,

So it's ALREADY week seven of work experience at the Spa and today was a great one. Here's what I got up to..

Again, I arrived at 8:50am and got to work cleaning up the pool area. I straightened out the lounging chairs, swept away the leaves (from the OUTDOOR JACUZZI!) and emptied the bins. I was then given a great little device (it opens closed lockers) and was told to clean out the womens lockers. I then restocked on new towels and folded some to make a pyramid of towels for the front desk.

As there were no treatments taking place I mopped the treatment area and replaced burnt-out candles for treatments later on. I then straightened out the Relaxation room ( a room where clients go to relax before/after a treatment) and stocked up on water bottles, fruit and glasses. I then helped one of my supervisors to set up the 'Rasul' room for an incoming client.

The Rasul room is a treatment room in which the client is covered in a herbal mud-like mixture and sat in a steam room until a sudden showering of water washes it all away. The purpose of it all is to open the pores and give your skin a great exfoliation to leave it smooth as a baby's ...

I was given an early lunch during which I chatted to my supervisors and drank a complimentary cup of tea. After this I lit the candles in the treatment areas for the treatment taking place then at 2:00pm. I then stocked up on MORE towels and folded smaller towels for the gym. Afterwards I left for home, looking forward to my next week in the spa.

Till then,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment