1.11.2013

New Day, New place

Hey guys,

This week I started my second placement of work experience. This placement will be slightly shorter than the last, continuing for 8 weeks, rather than 10. I started my day off at a later start, making my way in to my new work place for a lovely time of 10am. I met up with the Hotel's Human Resources manager in her office and recieved a uniform. I was then brought over to the Spa and introduced to the staff.

The spa is beautiful, and I can't wait to spend the next 8 weeks working there. The whole staff was lovely and they took time to show me around the spa rooms and the accompanying gym and pool areas. I was shown a beautiful spa room called 'the suite room' which was fitted with massage tables, a jacuzzi AND it's very own sauna, talk about luxury. I spent my morning folding towels, and helping out with the general upkeep of the rooms.
 


At 1 o clock we broke for lunch and I was brought to the staff cafeteria for my 1 hour break. After eating bucket loads of food and reclining for the hour, we headed back to the spa. During this time I helped one of my supervisors to clean out the treatment rooms which included cleaning out a seaweed bath and setting up massage tables. Before I knew it, 3 o clock had arrived and it was time for me to go.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day in the spa and CANNOT WAIT to go back there again next week.

Till then,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment