5.21.2013

Day Six, A bidding goodbye

Hey guys,

Although this post comes slightly late in the week, last Wednesday was day six of my work experience, the last of my transition year course. It's great to be finishing a year full of new experiences and friendships, but it was sad to leave the café that I had come to every Wednesday and thoroughly enjoyed being at. Here's what I got up to on my very last day of work experience ever.

Myself and Eimear arrived at our usual time, holding a box of chocolates and a thank-you card for everyone at the café. They all loved it and were so surprised that we had gotten them anything at all, but of course we wanted to give them something that conveyed how thankful we were for the past few weeks.

We then continued on with our daily routines, working together for the first time at the grab & go counter, and really getting the swing of how to run things, we both felt like we really belonged and it seemed as though we had been there MONTHS! Our day came to an abrupt end, and we had to bid farewell. They were so kind and gave us two cakes of our choice before we left for home at 5:00pm. I wish I could have stayed longer.

So that's the end of transition year work experience, and posts on this blog. I hope I have been a good diary writer of all the things work experience has taught me, and I hope that whoever read anything enjoyed doing so. It is so strange to now leave behind a project I have been continuously working on all year, and that I have become exceedingly interested in each week.

Goodbye,
Ciara



No comments:

Post a Comment