4.18.2013

Day Two

Hey guys,

Yesterday was my second day at work experience in the cafe, and this week I was joined by my friend Eimear. Here's what I got up to..


Eimear and I arrived to work at 8:40am Wednesday morning. We put our coats away in the cloak room and got working in the cafe. I worked at the counter I had been at the previous week and got people coffee, tea, scones, sandwhiches etc. I then broke for my 15 minute morning break and returned to the same task.

I continued to serve customers, getting soup for them and bringing their food to the table when needed. I also stocked up on scones from the bakery throughout the day. I kept the counter looking clean and tidy and brought dishes for wash up regularly. I also stocked up on clean plates, glasses, cups, ice, lemon slices etc.

After lunch I returned back to the same task. I continued on for the next hour and was then taught how to use the till.  It was really confusing at first but I eventually got the hang of it and ran the counter by myself for a little while. As the day came to an end I helped to clean the counter. I wiped down the shelves and counter top and helped to put lemon slices, cream etc away in the fridge. I left for home at 5:00 pm.


Till next week,

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment